Work & Holiday
Working Holiday Visa Only for Australian citizens between 18 and 30 years of age.
Purpose of Visit:
- Starting from 12 September 2005, Australians aged between 18-30 years wishing to travel to and work temporarily in Thailand can apply for a Working Holiday Visa.
- The Australian participants who obtain the Working Holiday Visa can reside, holiday and work temporarily in Thailand. However, they are not allowed to work with the same employer for longer than 3 months.
- Must be an Australian national currently residing in Australia;
- Must be aged between 18-30 years inclusive at the time of application and not accompanied by children or dependents;
- Have tertiary qualifications (full-time courses with at least 3 years of study);
- Have a valid Australian passport (valid for at least 6 months);
- Have a return ticket or sufficient funds to purchase the ticket;
- Have sufficient funds of at least $5,000.00 AUD for living expense in Thailand;
- Must be in good health and hold a medical and comprehensive health insurance that remains in force throughout the stay in Thailand.
- Passport or travel document with a minimum validity of 6 months, and copy
- Visa application form, fully completed
- Recent passport-sized photograph (3.5 x 4.5 cm) of the applicant
- Certificate or transcript of tertiary education
- Copy of updated bank statement showing deposits that amount to more than AUD 5,000
- Chest X-ray report and medical examination approved by a medical doctor or GP within 3 months
For submitting an application by Mail, please send all required documents to:
Royal Thai Embassy, Canberra
111 Empire Circuit, Yarralumla, ACT 2600
You must also provide a self-addressed return envelope (registered envelope recommended) for the return of documents.
The validity of a Visa
The validity of a visa is 12 months with multiple entries.
Period of Stay
Travelers will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 12 months.
- The Royal Thai Embassy officers reserve the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary as well as reject any application without prejudice. Please note, the visa processing fees is non-refundable once the processing of the application begins – regardless of its outcome.
- All visa fees can be paid by exact amount of cash, money order, or bank cheque address to Royal Thai Embassy, Canberra (personal/company cheque are not acceptable)