Purpose of Visit
This type of visa is issued to applicants who are entering to Thailand for the following purposes:
- Transiting through Thailand’s airports exceeding 12 hours before proceeding to the third country of destination or returning to your home country (Requiring a copy of the outbound ticket to a third country)
- Participating in sports activities (Requiring a letter of invitation from the concerned organization in Thailand)
- Captain or crew of a conveyance coming to the port, station or area in Thailand (Requiring a letter of verification from the concerned airline)
- An original and a copy of Passport or travel document with a minimum validity of 6 months
- Download and complete Visa Application Form
- Recent passport-sized photograph (3.5 x 4.5 cm) of the applicant
- Proof of an Australian Electronic Visa (VEVO) for non-Australian or non-resident applicants
- Copy of updated bank statement providing of adequate finances (THB 10,000 per person, or THB 20,000 per family)
- Confirmed accommodation under your name for the duration of your stay in Thailand
- Invitation letter (for who will participate in sports activities only)
- A copy of airline ticket indicating the date of arrival to Thailand and departure from Thailand to the third country (and for applicants applying for double entries visa, a copy of an airline ticket showing the second entry to Thailand)
* For Nigerian nationalities and passport holders, Certificate of Clearance from NDLEA and authenticated by The Ministry of Foreign Affair of Nigeria and Royal Thai Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria is required.
** In case of submitting an application by Mail, please send all required documents to:
Royal Thai Embassy, Canberra
111 Empire Circuit, Yarralumla, ACT 2600
You must also provide a self-addressed return envelope (registered envelope recommended) for the return of documents.
The validity of a Visa
The validity of a visa is 3 months from the date of issue.
Period of Stay
Travelers will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 30 days.
- The Royal Thai Embassy officers reserve the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary as well as reject any application without prejudice. Please note, the visa processing fees is non-refundable once the processing of the application begins – regardless of its outcome.