TOURSIT VISA CATEGORY “TR”
1. Eligible Applicants for TR Visa
- This category of visa is issued to eligible applicants who are currently residing in Australia and wishing to enter Thailand for the sole purpose of tourism only.
2. TR Visa Conditions
- TR Visa is valid for a single entry into Thailand for tourism purposes only.
- TR Visa is valid for 3 months from the date of issuance. Travellers must enter Thailand within the said 3-month period. They will be allowed to stay in Thailand for a period of up to 60 days, counting from the date of entry. Extension is possible for another 30 days, with maximum period of stay of 90 days, counting from the date of entry.
- The extension of stay is at the discretion of the immigration officer. Extension application can be made at the Office of Immigration Bureau (visit www.immigration.go.th for more information)
- If the TR Visa holder breaches the entry conditions (for example, if he/she engages in work-related activities), the stay permit will be revoked and he/she will be prohibited from entering Thailand in the future.
3. TR Visa Application Procedures
- Each applicant must submit a complete application form together with the required documents* to the Royal Thai Embassy, Canberra by post or in person. Prepare required documents as follows:
3.2 One (1) passport-sized photograph affixes to the visa application form
- Size 3.5 x 4.5 cm.
- White background and no older than 6 months
- An actual passport with minimum validity of 6 months from the date of planned entry to Thailand
- Must have at least two empty pages
- A copy of passport (bio data page)
- Australian Electronic Visa (VEVO) for proof of residence in Australia (only for Non-Australian passport holder)
3.4 Evidence of adequate finance
- Copy of updated bank statement with a minimum balance of THB 20,000 per person, or THB 40,000 per family
3.5 Confirmed accommodation in Thailand under the applicant’s name.
3.6 Visa fee AUD 60 (Payment can be made by cash, money order, or cheque, paid to “Royal Thai Embassy, Canberra”)
3.7 A prepaid return envelope with self-address
4. TR Visa processing times
- Visa processing time is up to 5 business days
- Certain applications which require special consideration may take longer to process.
- The Royal Thai Embassy in Canberra reserves the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary as well as reject any application without prejudice.
- The applicants must provide genuine documents and information. If the applicants are found to provide false documents or give false information, their applications will be rejected and be reported for further determination of appropriate action and future prohibition to enter the Kingdom of Thailand.
- Visa processing fees are non-refundable regardless outcome.
- Visa processing fee is subject to change without prior notice.
- The Royal Thai Embassy Canberra officers reserve the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary as well as reject any application without prejudice. Please note, the visa processing fees is non-refundable once the processing of the application begins – regardless of its outcome.
- All visa fees can be paid by the exact amount of cash, money order, or bank cheque address to Royal Thai Embassy Canberra (personal/company cheque are not acceptable)