Eligibility and Procedures to Apply for Tourist Visa (TR)
1. Eligible Applicants for TR
This type of visa is issued to eligible applicants who are currently residing in Australia and wishing to enter Thailand for the sole purpose of tourism only.
2. TR Conditions
2.1 TR is valid for a single entry into Thailand for tourism purpose only.
2.2 The validity of TR is 3 months from the date of its issuance, with a maximum period of stay in Thailand for 60 days.
2.3 If the TR holder is found to be in breach of the conditions for entry into Thailand, the stay permit will be revoked immediately and he/she will be prohibited from entering Thailand.
3. TR Application Procedures
Each applicant must submit a complete TR visa application form together with the required documents* to the Royal Thai Embassy in Canberra, the Royal Thai Consulate-General in Sydney and the Royal Thai Honorary Consulates-General / the Royal Thai Honorary Consul in Australia.
|1.||Passport with a minimum validity of no less than 6 months prior to departure and its copy|
|2.||Recent passport-sized photograph (3.5 x 4.5 cm) of the applicant|
|3.||Australian Electronic Visa (VEVO) for proof of residence in Australia (only for Non-Australian passport holder)|
Permission to travel from Australia issued by the Australian Border Force
|5.||Proof of residential address in Australia|
|6.||Proof of adequate finance – copy of updated bank statement with a minimum balance of THB 20,000|
|7.||Confirmed accommodation under the applicant’s name, after 14-day stay at Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) upon entry into Thailand|
|8.||Evidence of reservation of flight to Thailand|
|9.||Visa processing fee – AUD 60|
4. Flights to Thailand
Option 1 Semi-commercial flights to Thailand
- Certain airlines are now permitted to operate semi-commercial flights to Thailand, such as, Thai TG476 Emirates (EK384), Etihad (EY406), EVA (BR211), Qatar Airways (QR 826, QR830, QR832, QR834, QR836, QR980), Singapore Airline (SQ976), Cathay Pacific (CX653), Lufthansa (LH772), Austrian Airlines (OS25), Swiss Air (LX180), KLM (KL873, KL875, KL887, KL847, KL811, KL843, KL815, KL803) and Air France (AF253, AF168).
Option 2 Special chartered flights organised by the Royal Thai Embassy in Canberra and the Royal Thai Consulate General in Sydney
- Due to the limit of quota of allowable passengers to enter Thailand by special chartered flights, please contact the Royal Thai Embassy in Canberra or the Royal Thai Consulate General in Sydney for information on the availability of seats.
5. Application for the Certificate of Entry (COE)
Upon receiving TR, the visitors will have to apply for the COE via https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/
Please note the followings:
- Upon entry into Thailand, all visitors are required to undergo 14-day Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ). For more information, please visit http://hsscovid.com/. An evidence of reservation for ASQ for a minimum period of 14 days from the date of the arrival in Thailand will be required for COE application.
- All the visitors are required to obtain COVID-19 health insurance covering medical treatment expenditures of COVID-19, worth at least USD 100,000 during the entire stay in Thailand as part of the application to obtain COE. The insurance policy must clearly state that it includes expenditures occurring from COVID-19 treatments. List of recommended health insurance: Pacific Cross Health Insurance / Regency Health Insurance / April International / Luma Thailand.
6. At the Departure Airport and upon Entry into Thailand
All visitors with approved TRs will be required to present the following documents to the airline check-in staff at the departure airport and concerned authorities upon arrival in Thailand:
|6.1||Certificate of Entry (COE)|
|6.2||Completed Declaration Form for COE|
|6.3||A Fit-to-Fly Health Certificate issued no more than 72 hours before departure|
|6.4||A COVID-Free medical certificate with RT-PCR laboratory result, issued no more than 72 hours before departure|
- The Royal Thai Embassy in Canberra and the Royal Thai Consulate-General in Sydney reserve the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary as well as reject any application without prejudice.
- The applicants must provide genuine documents and information. If the applicants are found to provide false documents or give false information, their applications will be rejected and be reported for further determination of appropriate action and future prohibition to enter the Kingdom of Thailand.
- Visa processing time may vary depending on the demand and may take up to 15 working days.
Revised as of 20 November 2020