1. Eligible Travellers
- Thai and non-Thai nationals having resided in Australia at least 21 days prior to departure
- Travellers must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine approved by Thai Ministry of Health and WHO for no less than 14 days prior to departure, except travellers under the age of 18 accompanied by parents.
- Travellers must obtain a valid health insurance that covers medical expenses including treatments relating to COVID-19 with a minimum coverage of 100,000 USD throughout the period of stay in Thailand.
- Travellers must have a fully paid Samui Extra+ and SHA+ hotel booking for at least 14 days.
- Travellers must obtain payment proof for COVID-19 testing in Samui according to duration of stay.
2. Procedure for COE application
- Visit: coethailand.mfa.go.th
– “Royal Thai Embassy, Canberra” if you reside in VIC, QLD, NT, WA, SA, TAS, ACT
– “Royal Thai Consulate, Sydney” if you reside in New South Wales (NSW)
- Select “Sandbox Programme” and choose “Samui Plus” for the destination.
- Fill out required details and upload the following documents
– Copy of bio-data page of your passport
– Valid visa (for non-Thai nationals)
– Plane ticket
– Valid health insurance
– Vaccine Certificate
– Fully paid hotel reservation confirmation
– Proof of payment for RT-PCR COVID-19 test
3. Travellers must get a COVID Test (RT-PCR only) 72 hrs before departure with a “negative” result.
Arrival in Samui
Step 1: Pass through Department of Disease Control and Immigration checkpoints (Designated application must be downloaded).
Step 2: Undergo RT-PCR test (day 0 or 1) and wait for the result in the hotel room. If tested negative, you will be able to use services & facilities in the hotel designated areas (Day 1-3).
Step 3: Day 4-7 (Sealed Route): Able to travel in districts of Koh Samui according to a specified route and travel program on day 7, undergo a 2nd RT-PCR test.
Step 4: Day 8-14 (Relaxed) Checked-in at a SHA+ hotel. After receiving a negative result of COVID-19 test, will be able to travel in the areas of Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Koh Tao.