1. Eligible Travellers
1.1 Travellers must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine approved by Thai Ministry of Health and WHO for no less than 14 days prior to departure, except travellers under the age of 18 accompanied by parents. The list of approved vaccines include:
(1) CoronaVac (Sinovac Biotech Ltd.)
(2) AstraZeneca or Covishield (AstraZeneca & University of Oxford / SK Bioscience (Korea) / Siam Bioscience / Serum Institute of India (SII))
(3) Pfizer – BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine or Comimaty (Pfizer Inc, &BioNTech)
(4) Janssen or Janssen/Ad26.COV2.5 (Johnson & Johnson Service, Inc.)
(5) Moderna (Moderna Inc.)
(6) Sinopharm vaccine or Covilo (Sinopharm Co., Ltd.) (7) Sputnik V (Gamaleya Research Institute of Epidemiology and Microbiology)
1.2 Travellers must obtain a valid health insurance that covers medical expenses including treatments relating to COVID-19 with a minimum coverage of 100,000 USD throughout the period of stay in Thailand.
1.3 Travellers must have a fully paid SHA+ hotel booking for at least 7 days.
1.4 Travellers must obtain payment proof for COVID-19 testing in Samui according to duration of stay.
2. Procedure for COE application
2.1 Visit: coethailand.mfa.go.th
2.2 Select – “Royal Thai Embassy, Canberra” if you reside in Australia (VIC, QLD, WA, SA, TAS, NT, and ACT), Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Vanuatu and Kiribati – “Royal Thai Consulate, Sydney” if you reside in New South Wales (NSW)
2.3 Select “Sandbox Programme” and choose “Samui Plus” for the destination.
2.4 Fill out required details and upload the following documents – Copy of bio-data page of your passport – Valid visa (for non-Thai nationals) – Plane ticket – Valid health insurance – Vaccine Certificate – Fully paid hotel reservation confirmation – Proof of payment for RT-PCR COVID-19 test
3. Travellers must get a COVID Test (RT-PCR only) 72 hrs before departure with a “negative” result.