Thai Temporary Passport

General Information:

  • Temporary passport is issued for a traveler who does not have a usable Thai passport and needs to travel to a Third country. If you only need to go back to Thailand, you should apply for a Certificate of Identity (CI) instead.
    • You can apply for a Temporary Passport either in person or by mail.
    • It is valid for 1 year and cannot be renewed.
    • The application fee is $10.00 AUD and processing time of 1 week.
    • You can download the application and all related forms from the Embassy’s website

Documents Required:

For Adults

  • A completed and signed Temporary Passport Application Form;
  • Your Old Passport;
  • If the old passport was lost or stolen, a Temporary Passport will not be issued until the Report of Loss/Theft of Thai Passport is completed and stamped by the     local police station;
  • Four (4) passport sized photographs with applicant’s signature at the back;
  • Thai I.D. Card and Household Registration;
  • Change of Name Certificate (if applicable);
  • Marriage/Divorce Certificate (if applicable);
  • A personal letter explaining the reasons why you need a Temporary Passport;
  • If you submit the application by mail, the payment should be a Money Order made payable to “the Royal Thai Embassy.”  A self-addressed return envelop      must be provided.

For Minors (under 20 years of age)

  • A completed and signed/finger printed Temporary Passport Application Form;
  • Thai Birth Certificate;
  • Four (4) passport sized photographs;
  • Photocopy of parents’ passports;
  • Parents’ Marriage Certificate (if applicable);
  • Thai I.D. Card and Household Registration of the parents;
  • In cases the parents are no longer stay together, a Letter of Consent from the absentee mother/father authorizing the issuance of passport is required or a Letter of Guardianship from the Thai Government awarding the custody to the parent concerned or a Divorce Papers or Court Order indicating who has the custody of the child;
  • If one of the parents already passed away, his/her Death Certificate is required.

 Download Form