- Certificate of Identity (CI) is issued for a traveler who does not have a usable Thai passport and needs to go back to Thailand in urgent. It can only be used to travel back to Thailand.
- You can apply for a Certificate of Identity either in person or by mail.
- It is valid for 1 month and cannot be renewed.
- There is no application fee and processing time of 1 week.
- You can download the application and all related forms from the Embassy’s website
- A completed and signed Certificate of Identity Application Form;
- Your Old Passport;
- If the old passport was lost or stolen, a Certificate of Identity will not be issued until the Report of Loss/Theft of Thai Passport is completed and stamped by the local police station.
- Four (4) passport sized photographs with applicant’s signature at the back;
- Thai I.D. Card and Household Registration;
- Change of Name Certificate (if applicable);
- Marriage/Divorce Certificate (if applicable);
- A personal letter explaining the reasons why you need a Certificate of Identity;
- If you submit the application by mail, the payment should be a Money Order made payable to “the Royal Thai Embassy.” A self-addressed return envelop must be provided.
For Minors (under 20 years of age)
- A completed and signed/finger printed Temporary Passport Application Form;
- Thai Birth Certificate;
- Four (4) passport sized photographs;
- Photocopy of parents’ passports;
- Parents’ Marriage Certificate (if applicable);
- Thai I.D. Card and Household Registration of the parents;
- In cases the parents are no longer stay together, a Letter of Consent from the absentee mother/father authorizing the issuance of passport is required or a Letter of Guardianship from the Thai Government awarding the custody to the parent concerned or a Divorce Papers or Court Order indicating who has the custody of the child;
- If one of the parents already passed away, his/her Death Certificate is required.