Requirements for Entering Thailand under Phuket Sandbox Programme
- Eligible for Thai and non-Thai nationals having resided in Australia at least 21 days.
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for
no less than 14 days prior to departure from Australia. Vaccines must be approved by the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand or WHO, namely, AstraZeneca; Sinovac; Johnson & Johnson; Moderna; Sinopharm (Vero Cell); Pfizer; Covishield
- Travellers under the age of 18 accompanied by parents or guardians must obtain medical certificate (RT-PCR) with laboratory result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected and issued no more than 72 hours before departing Australia.
- Obtain medical certificate (RT-PCR) with a laboratory result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected and issued no more than 72 hours before departing Australia.
- Obtain a valid health insurance that covers medical expenses including treatment relating to COVID-19 with a minimum of 100,000 USD throughout the period of stay in Thailand.
- For more information about health insurance, please visit https://covid19.tgia.org/
- Obtain a confirmed and fully paid booking of stay at SHA+ hotels in Phuket for at least 14 days (List of SHA+ hotels can be found at entrythailand.go.th or shathailand.com
- For travellers wishing to stay in Phuket less than 14 days, they must obtain air tickets with a firm departure date from Thailand, together with proof of fully paid booking of SHA+ hotel and proof of payment for RT-PCR COVID-19 test during the entire stay in Thailand.
- Obtain proof of payment for RT-PCR COVID-19 test during the first 14 days of stay in Thailand. The traveller must fully pay the said expenses with chosen hotel of stay.
- During the first 14 days in Phuket, the travellers must take 3 RT-PCR tests (first test upon arrival at the airport; second test on day 6-7; third test on day 12-13).
- Must stay in Phuket for no less than 14 days before travelling to other provinces in Thailand.
- For travellers staying in Phuket less than 14 days, they must leave Thailand via Phuket only.
- Must stay at a SHA+ hotel for the first 7 days and may later change to other SHA+ hotels for the next 7 days (however, it can be no more than 2 SHA+ hotels).
- Must apply for Certificate of Entry – COE at coethailand.mfa.go.th
- Install and allow the use of tracking mobile application (ThailandPlus)
- Avoid COVID-19 high risk or crowded areas for at least 14 days before departure from Australia
Procedure for Certificate of Entry (COE) Application under Sandbox Phuket
- Visit: coethailand.mfa.go.th
- Select “Australia” as point of departure
- Select“3.1 “Royal Thai Embassy, Canberra” if you reside in Victoria (VIC), Queensland (QLD) Northern Territory (NT) Western Australia (WA), South Australia (SA), Tasmania (TAS), Australian Capital Territory (ACT); or3.2 “Royal Thai Consulate, Sydney” if you reside in New South Wales (NSW)
- Select categoies of permitted persons to enter Thailand (for non-Thai nationals)
- Select “Sandbox Programme
- Select “Phuket” under Sandbox destination
- Fill out required details and upload the following documents7.1 Copy of bio-data page of your passport7.2 Valid visa (for non-Thai nationals)7.3 Valid health insurance that covers medical expenses including treatment relating to COVID-19 with a minimum of 100,000 USD throughout the period of Stay in Thailand.7.4 Vaccine Certificate7.5 Proof of confirmed and fully paid booking of stay at SHA+ hotels in Phuket (SHABA Certificate)7.6 Proof of payment for RT-PCR COVID-19 test during the first 14 days of stay in Thailand
7.7 Air ticket