Requirements for Entering Thailand under Phuket Sandbox Programme
1. Eligible Travellers
1.1 Travellers must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine approved by Thai Ministry of Health and WHO for no less than 14 days prior to departure, except travellers under the age of 18 accompanied by parents.
The list of approved vaccines include:
(1) CoronaVac (Sinovac Biotech Ltd.)
(2) AstraZeneca or Covishield (AstraZeneca & University of Oxford / SK Bioscience (Korea) / Siam Bioscience / Serum Institute of India (SII))
(3) Pfizer – BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine or Comimaty (Pfizer Inc, &BioNTech)
(4) Janssen or Janssen/Ad26.COV2.5 (Johnson & Johnson Service, Inc.)
(5) Moderna (Moderna Inc.)
(6) Sinopharm vaccine or Covilo (Sinopharm Co., Ltd.)
(7) Sputnik V (Gamaleya Research Institute of Epidemiology and Microbiology)
1.2 Obtain a valid health insurance that covers medical expenses including treatment relating to COVID-19 with a minimum of 100,000 USD throughout the period of stay in Thailand.
For more information about health insurance, please visit https://covid19.tgia.org/
1.3 Obtain a confirmed and fully paid booking of stay at SHA+ hotels in Phuket for 7 days (List of SHA+ hotels can be found at entrythailand.go.th or shathailand.com
1.4 For travellers wishing to stay in Phuket less than 7 days, they must obtain air tickets with a firm departure date from Thailand, together
with proof of fully paid booking of SHA+ hotel and proof of payment for RT-PCR COVID-19 test during the entire stay in Thailand.
1.5 Obtain proof of payment for RT-PCR COVID-19 test during 7 days of stay in Thailand. The traveller must fully pay the said expenses with chosen hotel of stay.
During 7 days in Phuket, the travellers must take 2 RT-PCR tests (first test upon arrival at the airport; second test on day 6-7)
1.6 Must stay in Phuket for no less than 7 days before travelling to other provinces in Thailand.
1.7 For travellers staying in Phuket less than 7 days, they must leave Thailand via Phuket only.
2. Procedure for Certificate of Entry (COE) Application under Sandbox Phuket
2.1 Visit: coethailand.mfa.go.th–
2.2 Select – “Royal Thai Embassy, Canberra” if you reside in Australia (VIC, QLD, WA, SA, TAS, NT, ACT), Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Vanuatu and Kiribati
or – “Royal Thai Consulate, Sydney” if you reside in New South Wales (NSW)
2.3 Select category of permitted persons to enter Thailand (for non-Thai nationals)
2.4 Select “Sandbox Programme” and select “Phuket” under Sandbox destination
2.5 Fill out required details and upload the following documents
(1) Copy of bio-data page of your passport
(2) Valid visa (for non-Thai nationals)
(3) Valid health insurance that covers medical expenses including treatment relating to COVID-19 with a minimum of 100,000 USD throughout the period of Stay in Thailand.
(4) Vaccine Certificate
(5) Proof of confirmed and fully paid booking of stay at SHA+ hotels in Phuket (SHABA Certificate)
(6) Proof of payment for RT-PCR COVID-19 test during 7 days of stay in Thailand
(7) Air ticket
3. Obtain medical certificate (RT-PCR) with a laboratory result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected and issued no more than 72 hours before departure.
4. Arrival Requirements for Phuket Sandbox visitors who wish to apply for a Visa on Arrival (VOA) NEW