TRANSIT VISA CATEGORY “TS”
1. Eligible Applicants for TS Visa
- This category of visa is issued to persons who wish to enter the Kingdom of Thailand for the following purposes:
- To travel in immediate and continuous transit through Thailand en route to another country or
- To travel back to his/her own country over Thailand (category “TS”)
- To participate in sports activities (sportsmen, sportswomen, etc.) (category “S”)
- The person in charge or crew of a conveyance coming to a port, station or area in the Kingdom (category “C”)
- Transit flight longer than 12 hours
2. TS Visa Conditions
- TS Visa is valid for a single entry or double entries (subject to the applicants’s itinerary)* If the TS Visa holder is found to be in breach of the conditions for entry into Thailand, the stay permit will be revoked immediately and he/she will be prohibited from entering Thailand. *
3. TS Visa Application Procedures
Each applicant must submit a complete application form together with the required documents* to the Royal Thai Embassy, Canberra by post or in person. Prepare required documents as follows:
3.2 One (1) passport-sized photograph affixed to the visa application form
- Size 3.5 x 4.5 cm.
- Light background and no older than 6 months
- An actual passport with minimum validity of six months from the date of planned entry to Thailand
- Must have at least two empty pages
- A copy of passport (bio data page)
3.4 Proof of an Australian Electronic Visa (only for non-Australian Nationals)
- Visa grant page or VEVO check status page
3.5 Evidence of adequate finance
- Copy of updated bank statement with a minimum balance of THB 10,000 per person, or THB 20,000 per family
3.6 Evidence of reservation of flight to Thailand
- A copy of airline ticket/flight itinerary indicating the date of arrival to Thailand and departure from Thailand to the third country (and for those applying for double entries visa, a copy of an airline ticket showing the second entry to Thailand is required)
3.7 Visa fee
- AUD 50 per entry ( up to 2 transits only) (Payment can be made by cash, money order, or cheque, paid to “Royal Thai Embassy, Canberra”)
3.8 A prepaid return envelope with self-address
4. TS Visa processing times
- Visa processing time is up to 5 business days
- Certain applications which require special consideration may take longer to process.
- The Royal Thai Embassy in Canberra reserves the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary as well as reject any application without prejudice.
- The applicants must provide genuine documents and information. If the applicants are found to provide false documents or give false information, their applications will be rejected and be reported for further determination of appropriate action and future prohibition to enter the Kingdom of Thailand.
- Visa processing fees are non-refundable regardless outcome.
- Visa processing fee is subject to change without prior notice.
Guidelines for International Transit/Transfer Passengers at Suvarnabhumi International Airport. (Effective from 1 Mar 2021) NEW
- International flights with transit/transfer passengers shall be permitted only at Suvarnabhumi International Airport.
- Each passenger shall possess the complete set of documents which include:
(a) Medical certificate confirming a negative RT-PCR test result for Covid-19 issued no more than 72 hours before departure;
(b) Travel health insurance (worldwide or including Thailand) covering health care and treatment expenses for COVID-19 disease, with a coverage of no less than 50,000 USD;
- Each passenger shall proceed through the “Sealed Route” and shall not go outside the specified area.
- The time period of each Transit/Transfer operation shall not exceed 24 hours.
- Each passenger must not need to clear immigration or leave the airport transit lounge for any reason before boarding your onwards flight.
- If the passenger needs to get through the immigration counter, to collect baggage or to board an onwards flight, transit visa is required, unless the passenger qualifies for Tourist Visa Exemption Scheme.
- The Royal Thai Embassy Canberra officers reserve the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary as well as reject any application without prejudice. Please note, the visa processing fees is non-refundable once the processing of the application begins – regardless of its outcome.
- All visa fees can be paid by the exact amount of cash, money order, or bank cheque address to Royal Thai Embassy Canberra (personal/company cheque are not acceptable)