Royal Thai Embassy
111 Empire Circuit, Yarralumla
Legalization Section: Monday to Friday 9:30 – 12:00 hrs. (Except Embassy’s Public Holidays)
- A power of attorney is a formal document giving another person the authority to make personal and/or financial decisions on your behalf.
- According to the regulation issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand, the Royal Thai Embassy is not authorized to legalize the signature of a foreigner directly.
- Prior to sending a power of attorney document to the Embassy, it should be first certified by the notary public and legalize by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) of Australia. The Embassy can only certify the signature of DFAT officer. For further information about the legalization services of the DFAT, please click here: http://smartraveller.gov.au/services/legalising-documents/australia.html
- $25.00 AUD per document.
- Payable in cash or money order made payable to “the Royal Thai Embassy”
- A completed Application for Legalization which can be downloaded from the Embassy’s website.
- Original power attorney document bearing the Seal and signature of DFAT officer.
- A copy of the original document – every page
- A copy of your passport or driver’s license
The Royal Thai Embassy assumes no responsibility for the contents of the document.