NON-IMMIGRANT VISA CATEGORY “O-A” (For Retirement long stay: valid for 1 year)
1. Eligible Applicants for O-A Visa
o This category of visa is issued to the applicant who is an Australian national or a permanent resident currently residing in Australia whose age is 50 years or over and are currently residing in Australia.
2. O-A Visa Conditions
o Holder of O-A Visa is allowed to stay in Thailand for one year.
o Employment of any kind is strictly prohibited.
o Spouses of holders of O-A Visa will be considered for temporary stay under Category ‘O’ Visa if they do not qualify to apply for the O-A Visa themselves. A duly notarised marriage certificate must be provided as evidence.
o If the O-A Visa holder breaches the entry conditions (for example, if he/she engages in work-related activities), the stay permit will be revoked and he/she will be prohibited from entering Thailand in the future.
3. O-A Visa Application Procedures
o Each applicant must submit a complete application form together with the required documents* to the Royal Thai Embassy, Canberra by post or in person. Prepare required documents as follows:
o Required Document (The following documents must be provided in 3 sets (1 original set and 2 copies set (Must be certified by a Justice of the Peace ):
3.2 Three (3) passport-sized photographs affix to the visa application form
- Size 3.5 x 4.5 cm.
- White background and no older than 6 months
- An actual passport with minimum validity of 18 months from the date of planned entry to Thailand
- Must have at least two empty pages
- A copy of passport (bio data page)
3.4 Proof of adequate finance
- Copy of updated bank statement providing of adequate finances:
- a deposit account of at least THB 800,000, or
- an income statement with a monthly salary of THB 65,000, or
- a deposit account plus monthly income of no less than THB 800,000 a year
3.5 Health Insurance
- a certificate of health insurance policy issued by Thai insurance companies which covers all kind of medical treatment ( both in-house patient and out-patient) and includes COVID-19 related treatment, with the minimum coverage of 3,000,000 THB, during the entire period of stay in Thailand. More information for the health insurance can be found on https://longstay.tgia.org/
- The applicant who prefer to use health insurance policy issued by foreign insurance companies for the visa application must furnish a completed “Insurance Certificate”, as well as a copy of certificate of health insurance policy that which covers all kind of medical treatment ( both in-house patient and out-patient) and includes COVID-19 related treatment, with the minimum coverage of 3,000,000 THB during the entire period of stay in Thailand. The Insurance Certificate as stipulated by the Office of Insurance Commission and Health Insurance of Thailand, must be completed, signed and stamped by the insurance company. The Insurance Certificate form is available at https://longstay.tgia.org/document/foreign_insurance_certificate.pdf
- Foreign Insurance Certificate as stipulated by the Office of Insurance Commission and Health Insurance of Thailand, which must be completed, signed and stamped by the insurance company. The form can be downloaded from https://longstay.tgia.org/document/foreign_insurance_certificate.pdf
If the applicant is refused to purchase the health insurance by the insurance company, the applicant can submit additional documents as follows:
(1) Letter of refusal to purchase health insurance from a Thai or foreign insurance company.
(2) A copy of an up-to-date bank statement with a minimum balance of THB 3,000,000 or AUD 125,000 maintained in the bank account for 2 months prior to the application.
(3) The combined of the other health insurance for the coverage of no less than THB 3,000,000.
3.6 Police Clearance Certificate
- “Police name check certificate” issued less than 3 months prior to submitting the visa application. More information can be found on https://afpnationalpolicechecks.converga.com.au/
3.7 Medical Certificate Form
- A complete “Medical Certificate Form” with a valid/legal rubber stamp of medical doctor to confirm its authenticity, issued from the country where the application is submitted, showing no prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E. 2535).
3.8 Additional Supporting Documents
- Driver License or other photo ID
3.9 Visa fee
- AUD 300 (Payment can be made by cash, money order, or cheque, paid to “Royal Thai Embassy, Canberra”)
3.10 A prepaid return envelope with self-address
4. O-A Visa processing times
o Visa processing time is up to 5 business days.
o Certain applications which require special consideration may take longer to process.
o The Royal Thai Embassy in Canberra reserves the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary as well as reject any application without prejudice.
o The applicants must provide genuine documents and information. If the applicants are found to provide false documents or give false information, their applications will be rejected and be reported for further determination of appropriate action and future prohibition to enter the Kingdom of Thailand.
o Visa processing fees are non-refundable regardless outcome.
o Visa processing fee is subject to change without prior notice.
o The Royal Thai Embassy Canberra officers reserve the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary as well as reject any application without prejudice. Please note, the visa processing fees is non-refundable once the processing of the application begins – regardless of its outcome.
o All visa fees can be paid by the exact amount of cash, money order, or bank cheque address to Royal Thai Embassy Canberra (personal/company cheque are not acceptable)