Guidelines for International Transit/Transfer in Thailand (Effective from 1 Mar 2022)
Currently, International flights with transit/transfer passengers shall be permitted only at
Suvarnabhumi International Airport
Don Mueang International Airport.
- Each passenger shall possess the complete set of documents which include:
– Travel health insurance covering health care and treatment expenses for COVID-19 disease, or any other guarantee throughout their stay in the Kingdom, with a coverage of no less than 10,000 USD. This requirement (insurance) does not apply to Thai travellers.
- The time period of each Transit/Transfer operation shall not exceed 24 hours.
- Each passenger must not need to clear immigration or leave the airport transit lounge for any reason before boarding your onwards flight.
- If the passenger needs to get through the immigration counter, to collect baggage or to board an onwards flight, the requirements as follows:
- Transit visa, unless the passenger qualifies for Tourist Visa Exemption Scheme.
- Thailand Pass approval, please visit https://tp.consular.go.th
(Frequently Asked Questions about Thailand is available at https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/content/thailand-pass-faqs-2)
- For further details about international transit, please visit the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand at https://www.caat.or.th/en