Address: Royal Thai Embassy
111 Empire Circuit, Yarralumla
Legalization Section: Monday to Friday 9:30 – 12:00 hrs. (Except Embassy’s Public Holidays)
- The Royal Thai Embassy will certify only the translation of original public documents issued by Thai or Australian government departments.
- According to the regulation issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand, the Royal Thai Embassy is authorized to legalize only documents bearing the Seal of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) of Australia. For further information about the legalization services of the DFAT, please click here: http://smartraveller.gov.au/services/legalising-documents/australia.html
- The translator must be a translator authorized by the competent authority under the local laws. For more detail, please visit the website of the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters Ltd. (NAATI):https://www.naati.com.au/
- The certification of translation will be performed in the same manner as in the authentication of the signature. The Embassy will authenticate the signature of the translator without certifying the correctness of the translation and the tenor of the translated documents.
- $25.00 AUD per document.
- Payable in cash or money order made payable to “the Royal Thai Embassy”
- A completed Application for Legalization which can be downloaded from the Embassy’s website.
- Original document together with its translation bearing the Seal of DFAT and NAATI.
- A copy of the original documents and translation – every page
- A copy of your passport or driver’s license
The Royal Thai Embassy assumes no responsibility for the contents of the document.