Application for Certificate of Entry (COE) for Non-Thai Nationals
- Persons allowed to enter Thailand
Pursuant to the Regulation issued under Section 9 of the Emergency Decree on Public Administration in Emergency Situations B.E. 2548 (2005) (No. 12) dated 30 June B.E. 2563 (2020), “Travel from other countries into the Kingdom using any transportation routes, whether by land, water or air, or by using vehicles, whether motor vehicles, vessels, aircrafts or any other types of vehicles in order to enter into the Kingdom, may be allowed in accordance with conditions, timeframes and criteria determined by the Prime Minister or persons having powers under the laws on immigration, laws on air navigation and laws on communicable diseases in order to prevent the spread of the disease and to set up orderly arrangements of the number of travellers entering into the Kingdom according to the capabilities of officers in screening and organising places for the isolation, quarantine or control for observation of passengers or travellers entering into the Kingdom, as follows:
(1) Thai nationals;
(2) Exempted persons or persons who are specified, permitted or invited by the Prime Minister or Chief Official responsible for remedying the emergency situation to enter into the Kingdom pertaining to necessity, whereby conditions and timeframes may also be prescribed;
(3) Persons on diplomatic or consular missions or under international organisations, or representatives of foreign governments or agencies performing their duties in Thailand, or any other persons in international agencies, that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs gives permission pertaining to necessity, including their spouses, parents or children;
(4) Carrier of goods pertaining to necessity, who shall promptly depart after completing their mission;
(5) Vehicle operators and crew members of vehicles, who need to enter into the Kingdom pursuant to their mission, with a clear scheduled time of departure;
(6) Non-Thai nationals who are spouses, parents or children of Thai nationals;
(7) Non-Thai nationals who have certificate of residence or have been permitted to take up residency in the Kingdom;
(8) Non-Thai nationals who have work permit or have been granted permission to work in the Kingdom in accordance with Thai laws, including their spouses or children;
(9) Non-Thai nationals who are students of educational establishments in Thailand approved by Thai authorities, including their parents or guardians, except for students of non-formal schools in accordance with laws on private schools or of any other similar private educational establishments;
(10) Non-Thai nationals who need to receive medical treatment in Thailand, including their accompanying persons, except for treatment for COVID-19; and
(11) Non-Thai nationals who have been granted permission to enter into the Kingdom under special arrangements with other countries.
- Application procedures for Certificate of Entry (COE)
- Non-Thai Nationals who fall under one of the following categories, namely (2), (3) and (6) – (10) and wish to enter Thailand are required to apply for Certificate of Entry and visa (if they currently do not have an appropriate visa) at the Royal Thai Embassy in Canberra or the Royal Thai Consulate-General in Sydney.
- Applications for the Certificate of Entry (COE) will be considered on a case-by-case basis, taking into account the urgency, need, and reasons provided in the application form.
- Applications will be processed within 15 working days.
- Flights to Thailand
- The Notification of the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand on Conditions for Aircraft Permission to Enter Thailand (No.2) dated 2 July B.E. 2563 (2020) bans aircrafts, including commercial aircrafts, from entering into the airport in Thailand, except for certain circumstances.
- Currently, the approved applicants are permitted to enter Thailand only by repatriation flights or cargo flights organised by the Royal Thai Embassy or the Royal Thai Consulate-General.
- Details of the repatriation and cargo flights, including the availability, schedule and airfare, will be conveyed to each applicant upon their submission of the application.
- Visa application
- In addition to the Certificate of Entry, applicants who currently do not hold appropriate visa to enter Thailand are required to apply for an appropriate visa with the Royal Thai Embassy or the Royal Thai Consulate General.
- Currently, the following types of visas are NOT permitted to enter Thailand: Tourists visa holders (TR), Transit passengers (TS), Sports visa holders (S), Monks and other religious visa holders (R), Retirement visa holders (O-A/O-X), Thailand Privilege Card holders (Elite card), Volunteers (O), and non-formal students visa holders (such as language schools, diving schools, boxing schools).
5. To apply for the Certificate of Entry (COE)
- please click one of the categories below that is most relevant to you.