Application for Certificate of Entry (COE) for Non-Thai Nationals
- Persons allowed to enter Thailand
Pursuant to the Regulation issued under Section 9 of the Emergency Decree on Public Administration in Emergency Situations B.E. 2548 (2005) (No. 12) dated 30 June B.E. 2563 (2020), as amended by the Regulation issued under Section 9 of the Emergency Decree on Public Administration in Emergency Situations B.E. 2548 (2005) (No. 13) dated 31 July B.E. 2563 (2020),“Travel from other countries into the Kingdom using any transportation routes, whether by land, water or air, or by using vehicles, whether motor vehicles, vessels, aircrafts or any other types of vehicles in order to enter into the Kingdom, may be allowed in accordance with conditions, timeframes and criteria determined by the Prime Minister or persons having powers under the laws on immigration, laws on air navigation and laws on communicable diseases in order to prevent the spread of the disease and to set up orderly arrangements of the number of travellers entering into the Kingdom according to the capabilities of officers in screening and organising places for the isolation, quarantine or control for observation of passengers or travellers entering into the Kingdom, as follows:
(1) Thai nationals;
(2) Exempted persons or persons who are specified, permitted or invited by the Prime Minister or Chief Official responsible for remedying the emergency situation to enter into the Kingdom pertaining to necessity, whereby conditions and timeframes may also be prescribed;
(3) Persons on diplomatic or consular missions or under international organisations, or representatives of foreign governments or agencies performing their duties in Thailand, or any other persons in international agencies, that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs gives permission pertaining to necessity, including their spouses, parents or children;
(4) Carrier of goods pertaining to necessity, who shall promptly depart after completing their mission;
(5) Vehicle operators and crew members of vehicles, who need to enter into the Kingdom pursuant to their mission, with a clear scheduled time of departure;
(6) Non-Thai nationals who are spouses, parents or children of Thai nationals;
(7) Aliens who have a certificate of residence, including their spouses and children;
(8) Non-Thai nationals who have a work permit or have been granted permission to work in the Kingdom in accordance with Thai laws, including their spouses or children or foreign workers who have been granted to work through their employers or licencees who are permitted to bring in foreign workers to work in the Kingdom;
(9) Non-Thai nationals who are students of educational establishments in Thailand approved by Thai authorities, including their parents or guardians, except for students of non-formal schools in accordance with laws on private schools or of any other similar private educational establishments;
(10) Non-Thai nationals who need to receive medical treatment in Thailand, including their accompanying persons, except for treatment for COVID-19; and
(11) Non-Thai nationals who have been granted permission to enter into the Kingdom under special arrangements between Thai government agencies and other countries, or persons or groups of persons who have been granted permission by the Prime Minister upon the submission for consideration after the examination and review by the Ad Hoc Committee for the Consideration of the Relaxation of the Enforcement of Measures to Prevent and Suppress the Spread of the Communicable Disease Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19), and shall comply with disease prevention measures determined by the Ad Hoc Committee.
11.1 Thailand Elite visa holders
11.2 Long Stay (O-A) and Long Stay 10 years (O-X) visa holders (Retirement visa holders)
11.3 APEC Card holders of Australian nationals
11.4 Special Tourist Visa (STV); Tourist Visa (TR); and Non-Immigrant Visa (Non-B) holders
- Application procedures for Certificate of Entry (COE)
- Non-Thai Nationals who fall under one of the following categories, namely (2), (3) and (6) – (11) and wish to enter Thailand are required to apply for Certificate of Entry and visa (if they currently do not have an appropriate visa) at the Royal Thai Embassy in Canberra or the Royal Thai Consulate-General in Sydney.
- Applications for the Certificate of Entry (COE) will be considered on a case-by-case basis, taking into account the urgency, need, and reasons provided in the application form.
- Flights to Thailand
- The Notification of the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand on Conditions for Aircraft Permission to Enter Thailand (No.2) dated 2 July B.E. 2563 (2020) bans aircrafts, including commercial aircrafts, from entering into the airport in Thailand, except for certain circumstances.
- In this regard, travellers may enter Thailand by repatriation or cargo flights organised by the Royal Thai Embassy or the Royal Thai Consulate-General or by semi-commercial flights. For further details about semi-commercial flights such as operating airlines, routes, airfares, and reservation procedures, travellers must contact the airlines directly.
- Visa application
- In addition to the Certificate of Entry, applicants who currently do not hold appropriate visa to enter Thailand are required to apply for an appropriate visa with the Royal Thai Embassy or the Royal Thai Consulate General.
- Currently, the following types of visas are NOT permitted to enter Thailand: Transit passengers (TS), Sports visa holders (S), Monks and other religious visa holders (R), Volunteers (O), and non-formal students visa holders (such as language schools, diving schools, boxing schools).
- ***If you do not have a valid entry visa to enter the Kingdom of Thailand, you will be deported immediately by the relevant authorities at the Airport without any exception***
5. To apply for the Certificate of Entry (COE)
- please click one of the categories below that is most relevant to you.
|(11.1)||Thailand Elite visa holders|
|(11.2)||Long Stay (O-A) and Long Stay 10 years (O-X) visa holders|
|(11.3)||APEC Card holders of Australian nationals|
|(11.4)||Special Tourist Visa (STV); Tourist Visa (TR); and Non-Immigrant Visa (Non-B) holders|