(9) Non-Thai nationals who are students of educational establishments in Thailand approved by Thai authorities, including their parents or guardians, except for students of non-formal schools in accordance with laws on private schools or of any other similar private educational establishments
- Eligible applicants are as follows:
- Students of public and private schools;
- Students of public and private universities;
- Students of international schools or universities with international programmes, including parents and guardians of the students.
Students of non-formal schools under the law of private school or other private educational institutions are not eligible.
- Application procedures
- The applicants must submit the following documents to the Royal Thai Embassy or the Royal Thai Consulate-General to request the issuance of a Certificate of Entry and appropriate visa (if required):
- A completed on-line Declaration Form together with the following documents:
- A copy of document confirming student status or admission of the students;
- A certified letter issued by the relevant government agencies regulating such educational institutions (except for international schools and higher educational institutions);
- A copy of official document certifying the relationship between the students and their parents or guardians (if applicable);
- A copy of reservation document for Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) facility or Organisational Quarantine of the relevant educational institutions for a period of 14 days from the date of arrival at his/her own expense. (List of ASQ facilities is available at http://hsscovid.com); and
- A copy of health insurance policy covering all expenditures and medical expenses related to COVID-19 with a minimum coverage of 100,000 USD (One hundred thousand US Dollars).
- If the applicant does not have a valid visa, please send the following documents by mail to the Royal Thai Embassy or the Royal Thai Consulate-General:
- A completed visa application form (Non-Immigrant Category: ED for the students and Category O for the parents or guardians);
- Passport and other supporting documents for visa application;
- Visa application fee; and
- A registered return envelope to the applicant.
- ***If you do not have a valid entry visa to enter the Kingdom of Thailand, you will be deported immediately by the relevant authorities at the Airport without any exception***
- Before the Royal Thai Embassy or the Royal Thai Consulate-General issues the Certificate of Entry, the applicant must upload confirmed air ticket with proof of payment through the personal link generated by the application (please do not forward the link to other people).
- At the departure airport and upon entry into Thailand, the approved applicants will be required to present the following documents to the airline check-in staff and concerned authorities upon arrival in Thailand:
- Certificate of Entry;
- Completed Declaration Form;
- A COVID-Free medical certificate with RT-PCR laboratory result, issued no more than 72 hours before departure; and
- A Fit to Fly or Fit to Travel health certificate, issued no more than 72 hours before departure.
- Upon entry into Thailand, the travellers shall strictly comply with public health measures, and will be subject to a 14-day quarantine at a Government-designated Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) facility or at an Organisational Quarantine of the relevant educational institutions at their own expenses.