(10) Non-Thai nationals who need to receive medical treatment in Thailand, including their accompanying persons, except for treatment for COVID-19
- Application procedures
- The applicants must submit the following documents to the Royal Thai Embassy or the Royal Thai Consulate-General to request the issuance of a Certificate of Entry and appropriate visa (if required):
- A completed on-line Declaration Form of the applicant and their accompanying persons (maximum of 3 persons) together with the following documents: 1.1 Confirmation Letter from the Ministry of Public Health on Alternative Hospital Quarantine (AHQ). In order to obtain the confirmation letter, the applicant must contact the AHQ (hsscovid.com) and submit required documents to the AHQ. 1.2 Affidavit of Support Letter, for a person who accompanies the patient traveller. In order to obtain the Affidavit of Support, the applicant must contact the AHQ (hsscovid.com) and submit required documents to the AHQ. 1.3 A proof of guarantee that the traveller will be responsible for the expenses of medical treatment or any other expenses incurred during the stay in Thailand; 1.4 A copy of health insurance policy covering all expenditures and medical expenses related to COVID-19 with a minimum coverage of 100,000 USD (One hundred thousand US Dollars).
- If the travellers currently do not have a valid visa, please send the following documents by mail to the Royal Thai Embassy or the Royal Thai Consulate-General:
- A completed visa application form (Non-Immigrant Category: O for 90-day stay period; Tourist: MT for 60-day stay period);
- Passport and other supporting documents for visa application;
- Visa application fee; and
- A registered return envelope to the applicant.
- ***If you do not have a valid entry visa to enter the Kingdom of Thailand, you will be deported immediately by the relevant authorities at the Airport without any exception***
- Before the Royal Thai Embassy or the Royal Thai Consulate-General issues the Certificate of Entry, the applicant must upload confirmed air ticket with proof of payment through the personal link generated by the application (please do not forward the link to other people).
- At the departure airport and upon entry into Thailand, the approved applicants will be required to present the following documents to the airline check-in staff and concerned authorities upon arrival in Thailand:
- Certificate of Entry;
- Completed Declaration Form;
- A COVID-Free medical certificate with RT-PCR laboratory result, issued no more than 72 hours before departure; and
- A Fit to Fly or Fit to Travel health certificate, issued no more than 72 hours before departure.
- Upon entry into Thailand, the travellers shall strictly comply with public health measures, and will be subject to a 14-day Hospital Quarantine at their own expenses.